[Amc-list] FC Face Plants- WHen was the last time you saw one of those!

[Amc-list] FC Face Plants- WHen was the last time you saw one of those!

Just in case you were unaware, this same vehicle has been made until recent days by an Indian Company called Mahindra (they have a website!)... They also did an M715 look alike and many other interesting Jeep vehices that were discontimued here and the rights to produce taken over there.  (Sort of like the Soviets with old Fiat designs... oh the Lada!) THey came up with even more interesting body styles based on the same vehicles.

Currently Mahindra automobile dealerships are vying for a presence in the US, though not with these cool Jeep models... maybe that's another mile down the road!

The FC170's did not have the instability issues of the 150's.  I have driven a 150 down a hill and there is some major pucker factor as you see the bottom of the hill fill your entire windshield and you can feel the back lift with the slightest tap of the brakes... if you are not in 4WD forget it!  WIthout the front wheels pulling you, as soon as those back wheels leave the ground you are BEYOND the point of no return!  Even with the factory weights in back I have seen these take their slow and graceful bow and most of the time flop over!  It can be so slow it is surreal!  Unfortuately, they can go fast and all the way over (I have heard ) or slam to the side pretty hard.

Iam going to check one out just N of me in MO.  I passed on a '70 a couple of years ago as it was rusted to snot, but this one may have some potential!

Have a great week,

Jesse