Re: [Amc-list] corner carving rear drive cars

Re: [Amc-list] corner carving rear drive cars

Oh I don't take any of your comments personally in any way!

I truly look forward to seeing the hacks he did to the
Spirit. It's a good chassis. It's not like I'm gonna stop
driving AMCs because a 1993 Escort out-handles a 1970 Hornet,
out-of-the-box stock. That's like complaining that a 1963
Rambler out handles a 1933 Chevy -- well duh! The Escort is
lighter, shorter, stiffer, computerized fuel delivery, lower
to the ground, gutted to a shell, blah blah blah...

The Escort had near-race tires (Falken Azenis). We were limited
to total buy+prep cost of $500 -- I mean really, what are ya
gonna do within that?! Even agressive cheating -- which I will
point out we did not engage in any cheating (we were probably
$100 over -- you should have seen what was on the track, Series
6 BMW, etc...!)

> beats all opposition, including non turbo'ed Porches and Vipers.

Gotta fit within whatever the rules are. I ran my 79 AMX in B/SP
(street-prepared) where I was killed by high-HP prepped cars;
I ran it in F/S (stock) where I was killed by small new light
cars. Car's gotta fit the setup. I was there to have fun.