Re: [Amc-list] Pulstar Plugs Review

Glen/Andrew,
  Thanks for posting back your skepticism.

  I have been testing out various plugs in my Focus over the past 57,000 miles I have put on it (now at 110,000) The previously tested plugs have about 15-20,000 miles on them, which are the E3 plugs ( www.e3sparkplugs.com). I have also tried Bosch Platinum +3 plugs, prior to E3s. Neither of them showed a significant gain in MPGs to post/boast about, until I tried the Pulstar Plugs. FYI, I removed the battery cables and reset the ECM after installing them, to clear the O2 sensor feedback circuits.

Before installing the Pulstar plugs, I would typically be getting good mileage, when I hit 100 miles at ¾ tankful. This time however, I got 125 miles at ¾ tankful, which included the first 30 miles being city driving, before heading out on the highway for a 150 mile trip up North, here in Michigan, and then 150 miles back home.

You can call these snake oil, but they appear to be working GOOD. FWIW, I did some research into various articles/tests on the Pulstar Plugs, as well as DirectHits, which is another subsidiary of Pulstar. DirectHits attaches to any plug and puts the Pulse Circuit between the plugs and wires.  Most of the testing had similar vehicles (to my Focus) at 1.5%-6.5% improvement, a few were 14% (more rare).

  And yes, I could be altering my driving habits, although previous attempts at doing so with the other plugs, have not netted a significant gain in MPGs. 4+ MPGs and the BEST mileage I have EVER gotten, seems to be more than snake oil or user-input alteration.

  Again, I will be doing more MPG testing of these plugs and will post back more results. 4+ MPGs is preliminary.  I'll post back more, once the next tankful is gone.  Thanks.

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><

Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  " From: Glen Hoag
"
" $25 each for spark plugs???
" []
"
" I am a skeptic, and will file this along with
" Split-Fire and other snake-oil spark plug
" configurations until I see hard data for
" substantially more than a single tank of gas.

i lean this way also.

" One thing to be concerned with in this kind of
" testing is observer bias. Because you just
" dropped $100 on plugs, you may have changed your
" driving style slightly without even knowing it.

another thing is that you get better mileage with fresh plugs anyway.
if they never stopped working they'd never need changing... will your
mileage still be better after say 10k mi?