[Amc-list] Marvin's Home

My first AMC project car is Marvin a 1966 Rambler
American 220 with 3600 miles on the clock.  Some of
you may remember Marv, because that was the car that
got me interested in the hobby and I had just
purchased it and had started the "restoration" when I
first began posting to this mail list years ago.

Marv sat in San Francisco in the salt air and got
surface rust and other problems from general disuse.
He had sat from 1968 (last license sticker on the
license plate) until 1996? or so when I bought him
from a salvage yard which was preparing to shred him.

After working on him (disassembly, honing cylinders
and reassembling the engine, repainting the dash,
refinishing the steel wheels and all of the
undercarriage and cleaning and painting the gas tankz)
I put him in storage in an airplane hangar in the Los
Angeles area when I moved to Salinas in 2000.  He will
be photographed while he's here at home for a couple
of days then go into storage (temporary this time, I
hope) in another airplane hangar nearer to my home.  I
do need to finish him, which will now require paint
and body work.  I may hire it done and plan to haul
him to the local shop which painted my 73 Javelin
(since sold) and get a quote tomorrow.   So now, here
is this summer's project list:

Keep my 77 Gremlin in running condition.(Air pump or
alternator is making noise at idle.  No further
problems with "clacking" lifters.)

Put Marv back in storage after assessing the cost of
completion.

Retrieve from storage and sell my Mark Donohue Javelin
project car.

Sell the 79 Spirit GT I picked up last week.  (I'll be
posting more on condition and sale price later today).

Finish building the 195.6 engine for my 65 Rambler
American and put that car back on the road.

Repair my 64 Classic 4-door sedan and put it back on
the road (and sell it.)

Finish my 75 Pacer (needs clutch and reassembly of the
interior).  It also need paint.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA