Re: [Amc-list] T5 bearing retainer

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Thanks Mark, if you can remember more about the disc I would appreciate
" hearing about it, as I may have to invest in a new clutch disc and pressure
" plate, and since this combo isn't available in a heavy duty set from most
" clutch and plate manufacturers, one has to purchase the stuff separately. If
" I remember correctly most AMC clutch discs are one and one eighth ten
" spline, that extra sixteenth diameter causes vibration and chatter if it's
" used on a T5 input shaft. I am currently using scrounged parts rather than
" new for the clutch and pressure plate.

you're right, most amc inputs are 1 1/8 * 10 spline, even the sr4
which is the same as used on pintos.  but the t150, a ford toploader
[3sp], has a 1 1/16 * 10 input, and there's a fair chance you'll find
a h/d set for it for the jeep crowd.  the t150 also has a 0.670" pilot
and ford t-o brg like the 5.0 t5, in addition to the shared 4.85"
retainer.