Re: [Amc-list] T5 bearing retainer

" From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" 5.0 t5 bearing retainers are 4.85", same as a t150, but sr4 and amc
" [and gm] t5 retainers are 4.64".  you might be able to use your sr4 or
" t5 retainer on a ford box to avoid having to mill the retainer hole on
" the bell.
"
" I took the 5.0 bearing retainer to Randy Guynn in Houston and he turned it down for me.  It is much easier to turn the retainer than to widen the bell, imho.  Additionally, if you decide to go back with stock trans and sell or swap you T5 to another, it is simpler.

or if your multipattern bell was used with a t150 or t177-family,
you'll have to drill and tap the sr4/t4/t5 bolt pattern but the
retainer hole will already be 4.85".