Re: [Amc-list] Flywheel part number

Just to add some more information here, If I recall correctly the flywheel
on my 304 does not have any part numbers on it.
I have a flywheel I believe is off of a 390. It has the square pad weight.
Again if I'm remembering correctly, it has a part number on the engine side
of the flywheel. I was going to have the machinist remove the additional
weight and use it. Instead when I got lucky and found a flywheel for a 304
(it came from the Carolinas) and the 1970 and 1971 304 flywheels have a
unique flange mating surface compared to the much more plentiful post 71
flywheels, anyway I found a machinist who could match the out of balance
condition of the flex plate to the acquired flywheel. I put it on the
engine, hung the T5 and it doesn't vibrate at all!!
Where the heck am I going with this story??
Well if your flywheel will mate correctly with the crank flange and you find
a great machinist, you can get that flywheel to work for you.
Armand