------------
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 20:38:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

ok, so if someone can find out for sure exactly what
would have to be done to modify/fit that adapter to
the t96 bell, i might have to find me a t-5 NOW to get
in my classic. then i can get that rebel rear
end/mounting put in it. i can get the rear/trans/open
driveline working good while i get my engine built.

i have one question however. the t5 is aluminum case.
it is built to have a cross member under it in most
apps i beleive. with the 4 point mount like in my 62
classic, would i need to get the cross member i have
fit under the trans?? i would worry about it with the
adapter holding it all together. i know the t5 dont
weigh much, but still. thats a lot of mass "hanging"
out back of the bell with only 4 bolts.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"