[Amc-list] Old Gas, Kinda OT

I needed to mow the lawn and my neighbor's lawn today
so I got out the mower and it had no compression.  I
had used old stale gas in it the last time I used it.
The gas had been drained out of a Rambler (AMC topic)
sometime in the past and had sat here for months.  I
knew better, but thought I could get by with it.  The
mower ran OK at the time (last week), but today it had
no compression. I tried carb cleaner, Kroil and fresh
gas.  No cigar.  My diagnosis was a stuck intake
valve, but it could also have been stuck rings.  The
ignition fired fine.

I took it to the small engine shop down the street
after messing with it for about an hour.  The fix
won't be cheap.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Joe Fulton