Re: [Amc-list] 1965 Rambler American Interior

Re: [Amc-list] 1965 Rambler American Interior

Door panels should fit all 64-69 Americans and whatever other cars (Classic?) that used the same doors.  The dielectric embossing pattern changes year to year.  There is a foam layer between the vinyl and the board, and the foam is cut so that it is between the embossing lines only and not under them.  I think the board part has two layers and the clips slide in between them?

The door panels in back on my 68 look like they were made from a front door
panel cut in half on a curve.  And the front panels on the 68 I have
are symmetrical left to right and upside down, so in theory all
Legendary would have to do is make ONE panel per year and sell three
per car, two for in the front, and they split the third one in half on an angle and use one half on
each side.  (actually splitting on an angle gives you two rear lefts or two rear rights, so they'd have to do it each two kits, but they can figure that out.)  Drilling for window crank and latch lever would then be side
specific.  I haven't measured this yet but how could they not have done it this way?

Armrests changed and the mounts for the armrests moved year to year but my doors look like they could take different armrests by moving some clips around and there are multiple locations for the clips.  Why do i think the 69 had a special angled clip for the screw going in at an angle?

What they really ought to do is make them for the Hurst S/C Rambler, they would for sure sell ten sets (really just 30 identical panels) , and then the rest of us could suck it up and put 69 style in our 64-9 Americans.

Seats, Bench, split bench, reclining, buckets.  Armrests.  That's a bunch of choices.  The rear seats I bet are the same, don't know about the convertible.

And the dash pad?  There was no dash pad in 65 but if they made a 69 pad it would fit all years that had one.  I've got a sample for them.
They would sell ten of those for sure.