Re: [Amc-list] 71 Gremlin 232 2 bbl carb

Re: [Amc-list] 71 Gremlin 232 2 bbl carb

68 was the last year for the throttle linkage 2bbl carb, and 69 the first year of going to a throttle cable.  The cable pulls in the opposite direction from the linkage and I remember having to swap the base from a cable pull carb to get mine to work.  The butterflys open opposite ways because of the direction of pull.
I don't know about the HP increase as I changed so many other things at the same time.  But I was told for power and efficiency increase, after a good tune up, headers should be the first step, as the exhaust is the real bottleneck.  If your car has the starter on the passenger side that makes headers more possible.  Mine doesn't.