Re: [Amc-list] back up planning

Just remember -- you can use the Twin-Stick shifter with any three speed (leave OD handle disconnected if no OD), but you MUST have the specific T-S trans to get five forward gears. Without the big jump between 2nd and 3rd gears there's no point in using 2nd+OD, it's about the same as third.

---------------------
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 17:34:34 -0400
From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm going to have to visit a show and check out someone's twin-stick
transmission. (well, my "check-out" list is: airliner seats,
twin-stick transmission, three-on-the-tree with overdrive, smaller
wagons, checking out Javelins with sixes and a three speed manual).

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"