From: "Davis Martin" <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] New aluminum oil pans

> I don't understand why anyone would want an external pickup. Does it have
to do with road racing? I have never done that. I drive on the street and at
the strip but have only used the deep sump internal pick up.
>    Davis
>
> Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Well, I don't have a need for something like this, but I do have a
question/suggestion. If the pan is made for an external pickup it should be
easy to make a plug for the external line, making one pan fit both. By
internal pickup I'm assuming you mean a stock type pickup. I'd think most
who want a pan like that would want the external pickup.

> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:55:06 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Nick ALFANO <71amx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I am looking for feedback on the desire for a new V8 all aluminum deep oil
pan. It will hold approximately 8qt of oil (without hanging down too low),
have baffling, trap door and windage tray. Working on two options, external
pick up and internal.