[Amc-list] Citric Acid Rust Removal

 >> Aluminum is inert to citric acid, which is why soda pop is in
aluminum cans.
Not quite....  Soda pop doesn't eat through the cans because of a
coating of varnish.
I suspect that you're not seeing much reaction with the aluminum
because there's an
aluminum oxide layer protecting things.  You anodize aluminum in an
acid bath for example.

 >> I can't find citric acid
One place you might not have thought of is the wine making supply
places.  Citric acid is
often used in the home brewing process!

Cheers,

Dave