Re: [Amc-list] Citric Acid Rust Remover ... Armand's Questions

Re: [Amc-list] Citric Acid Rust Remover ... Armand's Questions

Hi Armand,
  I got the Citric acid from an Ebay store that does canning, etc.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250202329976

  I set the crock pot on low ... did not boil the water, just made it very warm.

  After the rust is removed, thoroughly rinse in water and if possible, wash with soap and water or spray the parts with brake cleaner to remove any residue or film.

  Either coat the parts with oil (like for internal engine parts) and bag them or spray them with primer (like a cylinder head, etc) or do a combination of both.

  Sincerely,
  Greg Taylor :)  <><

Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Greg,

I'm very interested in this method. I am planning to do an entire engine
after its been degreased.
Please contact me with more details.
Where did you find the powdered citric acid??
What temperature did you use?
What should be done when the process is done to preserve the metal from
rusting again before painting??
Armand