Re: [Amc-list] Mallory cap

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Or (I know nothing about belly button Novas) is there only one engine option
" for a 62 Nova. would this be the small displacement six popper Chev used in
" the early sixties? 235 cubic inch? ?   ?  ? Help??

the 235 was the last of the original stovebolt sixes that started in
'29, and was only in large cars.  the nova had the first of the new
lightweight thinwall sixes that provided the distributor for the amc
199/232/258, a 194 in this case.  the v8 [which i didn't think
appeared until after '62] would be a 283.  the mid-'60s nova ss with
-mild- 327 was one of gm's faster cars and would spank many big
blocks.

either six should have a generic delco six dist cap; likewise, v8s.
i'd be surprised tif the nova 283 was different from any other 283.

i've heard that the stovebolt mill weighs about 750 lbs.  the
194/230/250 is similar to the amc six.