Re: [Amc-list] Fuel Pump Needed

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008, JOE FULTON wrote:

> Rockauto still lists them for sale new too.  Not
> cheap, but they are listed.  The example I am using is
> a 65 American with a 195.6 OHV engine.

There's one listed for 65, but not 63; every one of these
pumps I've seen has a different number, but only the tiniest
differences (where the hose nipples come out, fuel filter bowl
style, etc). I put some random pump in my 195.6 by moving the hoses
around.

Rockauto wants $76 for a '65 pump; the repair kit from Now &
Then is $60! (I think their price is fair, it will exactly match
and it's effort to put the kit together, and the Rockauto stock
will soon deplete to zero.)