Re: [Amc-list] 61 American Deluxe 2 door sedan - electronic ignition

Re: [Amc-list] 61 American Deluxe 2 door sedan - electronic ignition

A couple of years ago, my son's friend gave me an MSD box (a 6A, I believe)
that was giving him problems that he didn't want to deal with.  I checked
with MSD and found that the maximum charge for repairs, per their policy,
would be 40.00; the cost could be less if the problem was minor.  I shipped
it in, paid $40.00, and we've been running it without any problems since.  I
just did a super fast Google, and found this:

"If the unit is within the warrenty period then it will be repaired at no
charge. If the warrenty has expired then the maximum repair charge for a 6
Series Ignition will be $65."

If this is accurate, then the minimum charge must have increased.  But even
so, sometimes fixing what you have for $65 makes more sense than popping big
bucks for a new unit.

For anyone interested in pursuing, a quick call to MSD would undoubtedly be
a good move to confirm that the policy is still in place, and what the
current max charge is.  I'm just bringing this up to make folks aware of the
option.

Dan