Re: [Amc-list] 61 American Deluxe 2 door sedan - electronic ignition

Re: [Amc-list] 61 American Deluxe 2 door sedan - electronic ignition

I'd say the pertronix is the easiest and most common
swap on the old Delco distributors.  You can add a
more powerful coil too.

An MSD box is another option though, like Mark
mentioned, and your points distributor would be
running very low current to just trigger the MSD box.
If the distributor is in good shape (bushings, cent
advance, etc.) it would work very well and your points
would last forever.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA