Re: [Amc-list] AMC six, crankshaft bolt pattern?

Rather than do all that I just removed the ignition key/shaft/switch from the column and popped a chrome plug in the hole. Found the right size plug at a hardware store. Hardly anyone even notices the thing! It's not easy to see through the window, it's only real noticeable from the passenger seat, but it's seldom commented on.

---------------
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 02:04:24 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

You don't have to even change that column if you don't want to.
The ignition can be removed the large lump whacked off and the hole filled.
J.B. Stick weld topped with J.B. Qwik weld and a skim coat of filler will fix it all up.
Even to the point of taking the dreaded automatic gack off of it!
Sounds hard, but, it will bolt in and be wired already!
My tilt column went through this procedure as I did not want all the Gack on it either!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"