Re: [Amc-list] Anyone in Oregon?

Jamie; thats kinda the situation I thought. It sounds like a couple of cars I have bought, most recently last year with my American wagon!
What I did was this; I took the car down to the local OSP (Oregon State Police) office here in Salem. Portland or maybe Pendleton should be the same. Any office of the OSP will work, wherever is closest. They ran the tags and VIN to make sure it wasn't stolen then they issued an inspection paper.
I took that along with a bill of sale to Oregon DMV. You did get a Bill of Sale, didn't you???
I filled out lost title papers and in 3 weeks, or so, I got a new title, with a "brand" on it of course.
Total cost was free OSP inspection and $103 DMV title.
I imagine Wash is similiar but that is what I do in Oregon, and I have gotten about four cars this way......Russ