Re: [Amc-list] Blast it all...

I bought a TP tools blast cabinet a few years ago. I also got the vac 36
dust collector, with hepa filter.
No dust in the shop when I use the blast cabinet. TP Tools have some great
stuff look them up at
http://www.tptools.com/
I use a water filter/dryer and drain the compressor tank ALL the time. Key
ingredients for
a long tank/compressor life. Elevate the piping that the air passes through
and put a water /dirt leg
with a drain at the bottom. Drain it regularly.
Get a good ceramic nozzle or even better get a carbide nozzle.
Clean blasting media is very important to good fast work. Fresh blasting
media will cure the "dang this is
taking a long time blues. After blasting for a half hour or an hour compare
the nozzle and tip to a new one,
you may be surprised at how quickly it wears out.
Buy extra window shields for the cabinet, you'll need them.
Good lighting is crucial.
Clean off all the grease and oil before blasting.
Don't blast during high humidity days.
And last but most important, wear your PPG (personal protective gear)
I wear eye, hearing protection and a dust mask just to be sure.
DON'T USE SILICA SAND FROM THE LUMBER YARD. YOU'LL GET SILICOSIS OF THE
LUNGS.
Crushed auto glass cuts rust pretty fast.
Read TP Tools section on blasting in their catalog, it's very informative.

Armand