---------------
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:32:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>

I know, I could do a stroker and pick up .4 cu ltr,
however, I have a solid 258 with great compression and
I don't need a full rebuild.  I am dropping it in a
J10 Stepside with a 5 speed.

I have a 93 4.0 head, and a complete 88 Renix head w
EFI as well.  Looking for a 99-02 intake

I also have a Clifford 4 Bbl intake and Holley 390.

This is going to be my cross country driver, no
off-roading and mainly for picking up stuff and towing
that is not too heavy, requiring the 401 4 Door J20.

So, I am definetly dropping on the 93 H.O head.  I am
also doing a 2.25 dual exhaust (probably looking to
turbo in future) using a 4.0 header.  I am doing 3.54
gears...maybe 3.31's at the very least.

Does anyone have a good wiring breakdown for running
the 4.0 EFI on an earlier vehicle?  I have heard many
times that it is only 6 wires, but having a little
more guidance that that would be helpful.  The
Strokers group site is great, but so far hard to find
specific info on.

Or shold I forget the whole EFI thing and just modify
my Clifford to work on the head with a little Hly 390?

You're experienced answers are greatly appreciated!

Have a great week,

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"