[Amc-list] 75 Cassini Matador for sale in Colorado...

[Amc-list] 75 Cassini Matador for sale in Colorado...

     I swore I'd never become one of those guys who lets a car turn to dust
while swearing that someday, some day, I'm gonna fix it up. Well, after 7
years I've got to admit that my Matador isn't getting any better, and I've
got no realistic hope of doing anything with it for several years at least.
It's time to pass the project along to someone else who can do it justice.

75 AMC Cassini Matador Coupe
360-4v, dual exhaust, A/C, 8-track, tilt. Since I bought it in 2001, I've
rebuilt the trans (727), replaced the front and rear suspension bushings,
upgraded the rear lower control arms to box arms, replaced the coil springs
all the way around, new calipers, wheel cylinders, brake linings, rebuilt
steering box, mufflers, an RV cam & lifters, new crank seals & oil pan
gasket. Rides and handles sweet. Fifteen inch alloy wheels with major meats
(Dunlops).

I drove it from Los Angeles to Colorado last spring and it runs & cruises
nice. Doesn't idle too good, needs a good carburetor (currently Motorcrap
4350) and a major tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc.) Oh, it has a Ford
big cap EI, 8mm wires, and TFI coil.

Cruise control is a NOS and works perfectly.  The radio works, but the
8-track doesn't. A/C worked when it was charged a few years ago.

Body is rust free, but the R/F fender is damaged, right door and quarter
have smaller dents and the grille support will need some pull work to line
it back up. The vinyl top is long gone, and the trim has been changed to the
no vinyl kind.

Interior is quite nice for a 33 year old car. Original orange carpet with no
holes, factory clear vinyl mats, seat covers have one small tear in the
vinyl, cloth is pretty good, copper buttons need polishing. Gauges work,
clock doesn't. Dash pad slightly warped but no cracks.

Included are a LOT of parts. NOS including the trim for the R/F fender, a
grille (not Cassini, X style black with chrome), speedo, clock, rear window
defogger kit, and I forget all what else. Used spares including a rear seat,
headlight doors (chrome, black & Cassini copper, you can mix and match), an
extra dash pad, HVAC housing, a couple extra AM/FM/8tracks for parts, again,
more than I can remember.

Act now (OK, whenever) and you'll also get a big box of 8-track tapes and
carrying case!

I'm heartbroken to give it up but I've got no place to keep it, and I'm
going into bankruptcy.

Car is located in Glenwood Springs Colorado, on I70 about 160 miles west of
Denver.

Price starts at $2000 and is negotiable.

E-mail for more details, answers to questions, and pictures.

Thanks...

Kelly