Re: [Amc-list] trans broken in

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I could tell the difference in the winter.
> With standard gear lube in real cold weather I could feel it hold back till things warmed up.
> That was gone with synthetics.
> The one brand that realy deals in obscure stuff that will honestly answer your questions is redline.

Yeah, even this T-96 in a Los Angeles "winter" got stiffer. I'm
sold on synthetics.

> Not cheap, but your not going to need a lot of it either!

Exactly. Saving $5 - $10 on something that lasts 10 years is
not savings.

The replacement/retrofit rear seal is leaking. Grrr. Originals
no longer available. THey suggested "running two of them"
(it would just fit). I didn't. Not sure it would help. I iwll
have to deal with this at some point, but for now I'll check
oil level every few months. It's no big leak but it's annoying.