Re: [Amc-list] trans broken in

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Ken Ames wrote:

> Did I miss why you're not using gear oil in this trans?
> 75-90 or some such?

Energy loss. I know it's trivial... I would have put plain
old 90W in except the TSM itself said "gear oil, or 30 weight
engine oil".

I know that a manual transmission behind a powerless motor is
not exactly in a stressful position, but synth lubricants are
so superior, I figured a thin quality lube would be good.

It is, except for the synchro issue. It might be increasing wear
on the bronze dog teeth if it's not dragging the gear up/down
to speed quick enough. If you have any ideas there I'd love to
hear them.

I might switch it to synth gear oil. It might make it shift
faster and smoother.