Re: [Amc-list] trans broken in

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, JOE FULTON wrote:

> And you bought the rebult short block I see.
> Congratulations.

Thanks! We'll see how it works out, but the seller seems
reputable. Shipping isn't as bad as I thought ($300).  It was
tough finding a place to ship-to, since these ICC carriers never
give delivery day, they just dump on the sidewalk and leave.

In my neighborhood, the roaming metal scavengers would pick
it up within 2 - 4 hours. (It's not mainly theft; people put
'junk' on the sidewalk for 'urban recycling', nearly anything
gets picked up by someone within a day or two.)