[Amc-list] 196 head gasket again

Todd Tomason wrote:

I wonder if any water got in the oil?

im not understanding how water would have gotten in
the oil i guess...

oil was checked, 1 qt low again, (another 196 that
changes its own oil hehe) but no water was visible.
that was one of the first things i checked before i
started it up. usually thats a tell tale sign head
gasket is bad. (for these gas engines anyway, a lot of
diesel engines have water cooled oil coolers that will
leak and get oil/water mixing)

after being that hot, i now need to go get some new
synthetic oil and drain/refil. i dont change my oil
filter but once every other oil chainge since it
filters so little oil. plus the only place i have been
able to find the oil filter to fit that car, there are
none of those parts stores here. carquest was the only
place i could find one, and that was a carquest brand.
does anyone have another brand and part # that i can
get at these chain stores that have "IDIOTS" behind
the counter that think just cause its a rambler, they
dont carry nothin for it??

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules