[Amc-list] Those steel wheels were used on some "X" packages in

[Amc-list] Those steel wheels were used on some "X" packages in

1974 w/a volcano cap and trim ring less the plastic face. We were sent a
letter from AMC stating there was a fire in the K-H wheel plant. We subbed
Magnum 500's on some cars but, they ran out soon too. I seem to remember
about a 3 month gap in production of the 8 slot wheels. The plastic faced
wheels came out in 1975. The first batch of Pacers for the dealer drive-a-way
events all had them. Actually all the first batch of Pacers were all identical
at $5245.I believe. Got the window sticker from the first one sold in the
Wash.DC Zone here somewhere with the 8 track instruction tape and the "the
wide small car" clear vinyl decal from the rear window.
Those were the days....
amxron
70 AMX
70 Hornet