Re: [Amc-list] Steering gear Bolt start and Russ's 75 AMX?

Re: [Amc-list] Steering gear Bolt start and Russ's 75 AMX?

I don't understand what all the fuss is about mounting a steering box. I always jacked up the front end, put jack stands under, and sat down under the car. Hold the steering box with the left hand, and put bolt in with right hand. I start bolts thru frame and thru the spacer first then hold box and thread in bolts. Never was an issue

russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  When I start a steering box I use two large punchs,
screwdriver or what ever is within easy reach. I use
these in the boltholes to steady the box, and my other
hand wiggles the box around to start the bolts. Chase
the threads to make it easy to start and use lube.....Russ