Re: [Amc-list] that nutty "big nut" rear, photos

Re: [Amc-list] that nutty "big nut" rear, photos

Just click your wrenches together and repeat three times: There's no nut
like a big nut!

Matt

On 4/3/2008 3:12 PM, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:
> I never realy saw on of those before.
> Slightly before my time.
> Uh, the letters OMG and WTF come to mind....
>
> Love the socks! :]
>
> --
> Mark Price
> Morgantown, WV
> 1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
> 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7L, Quadratrc II
> " Chronic Pain Hurts"

> From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
>> OK, here's some photos to make all you AMXers envious of our
>> little Americans. I'm SURE this will do it.
>>
>> http://wps.com/temp/DSC03153.JPG
>>
>> This stout driveshaft, as big around as an ordinary exhaust
>> pipe, and nearly twice as strong, is our driveshaft. Look at
>> all that... lightweightness! See the funny end? And the two
>> pretty wrenches?
>>
>> http://wps.com/temp/DSC03154.JPG
>>
>> Here the pretty wrenches are on the Big Nut and the rear yoke. If
>> it were only this easy in real life. It has to be done with
>> the driveshaft installed in the car.
>>
>> Tighten, tighten tighten. See Dick tighten the big nut. Now
>> the other nuts inside the car can go for a ride.
>>

>> Now don't you wish your car was like this?
>>

>> (In fact, with the right tool, it won't be bad at all. These
>> wrenches cost me $25 each including shipping.)

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon