Re: [Amc-list] amc digest- article on aol today- toyota/ buys oldsmobile

Re: [Amc-list] amc digest- article on aol today- toyota/ buys oldsmobile name rights.

WTF

Somebody at GM is in BIG trouble...

i'd imagine just about any of the major automans would have bought the name for $5k just to lock it up for "safekeeping".

Toyota may have pulled avery smooth move on this one.
My brother-in-Law has driven Olds for years and the last one has been a big piece of crap.
he bought it at Oldses midnight hour and got a real PIA. It goes about 2k between check engine lights and they are always something different. he has sworn to buy a Toy, Nissan or Honday next.
I'd imagine that if Toyota pops out a new Olds they will succeed in selling one to him as it will be a no brainer on his part....

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: ksiroonian@xxxxxxx