----------------
From: Steven Clark <javelin1973401@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello,
I'm replacing the rear main seal on my 74 Cherokee,
360, and am having a lot of trouble driving the upper
part of the seal out from around the crank.  I am
using a brass rod that fits well, and have all the
main bearing caps looosened a few turns.  I've beat on
it for about an hour now, this sucker just won't
budge.  The lower seal was very tight in the main
bearing cap.  I REALLY don't want to pull the engine.
Any advice, tricks, tips, or ideas?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"