Re: [Amc-list] Awesome wiper action ('cept for hills)

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Bruce Griffis wrote:

> So, Toy Pielander is all nice and shiny. Time to hit the grocery
> store. Still pulling to the left, but also kind of a wobble under
> heavy brakes. I didn't resurface to the front drums - so that's become
> my priority! Resurface or replace (40 bucks to resurface each, 50ish
> to replace - think I'll replace).

I'd buy new ones and grease the old ones for storage (hoarding
mentality).

You'll eat new shoes with old drums; if uneven enough could cause
some of the pulling, in addition to Matt's excellent advice.

Resurfacing drums should be $10 each!

Check that front end too; can you grease the upper trunnion
bolts? If so, do it often! Those bolts freeze up and become a
HUGE PITA AND $$$$$ to replace/repair.

If the front end parts are good and kept that way, shoudl last
along time. Except shocks are utterly non-available, period,
no choice, no retrofit. Some NOS units available.

Do all early american lower A-arms have those extra 3/8" holes
in the side? If so, you can make an adapter like I did for a
common shock.