Re: [Amc-list] Awesome wiper action ('cept for hills)

I used a cannister with 3 lines going into it. One went to the intake, one to ported (not the advance one!) with check valves in them and the third went to the wipers. They worked fine after that except on extremely long hills. (I drove that car up and down the Fraser River canyon in winter time)

From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Awesome wiper action ('cept for hills)
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Decided to take the American to the grocery store today after working
on my wife's Toy Pielander (Maguir's 3 step stuff with an electric
polisher. Took forever, looks pretty good - not as good as using a
buffer, but pretty good. Did each step individually with the cheap
polisher).

So, Toy Pielander is all nice and shiny. Time to hit the grocery
store. Still pulling to the left, but also kind of a wobble under
heavy brakes. I didn't resurface to the front drums - so that's become
my priority! Resurface or replace (40 bucks to resurface each, 50ish
to replace - think I'll replace).

A thunderstorm broke out, so we got to try out vacuum wipers without
the booster. Just straight from the intake manifold to the vacuum
wipers. How'd it work? Well, no wipers going up hills. No wipers while
accelerating. Cool wipers coming down the hill. Awesome wiping action
when letting off the accelerator and coasting.

Think I need to address that! Frank, I'll be reading your magazine
with close attention. It might rain again some day.