Re: [Amc-list] Possible engine knock in Rambler on Sunday

Re: [Amc-list] Possible engine knock in Rambler on Sunday

Greg,

  Thanks...I was not even considering a rebuild at this point as it is a 62,000 mile original car.

  Thanks,

  Bill

Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Bill,
Definitely check out the fuel pump. Buddy here at work had the 307 in his '69 Suburban rebuilt and they reused the fuel pump. Heard some "knocking" as you mention and it ended up being the fuel pump ... replaced it and the knock went away.

Start there ... much cheaper/easier than new bearings or a rebuild.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><

WILLIAM SERCKIE wrote:
... Now for the real headache...I was adjusting the timing and carb on my 65 American and heard what sounded like a knock from the number 1 cylinder...

Here is the question, do the older fuel pumps on these cars make a noise ? I was thining that it was the armatuer inside ???

Any Clues ?

Thanks,

Bill