Re: [Amc-list] badging for a 440 Hardtop

Re: [Amc-list] badging for a 440 Hardtop

Unless you can find a picture of the rear of the car
online I suggest you start collecting 63 Rambler
American literature and look for pictures of the rear.
 There were chromed block letters on the vertical
surface of the deck lid I think which said "440". I
don't know if there was an "H" after the 440 on the
badging, but I do know that the 440H body (other than
being a hardtop) was distinguised by a contrasting
color between the two belt line moldings running from
front to rear on the sides of the car.  On Tom's car
they had been switched to say "404".  Don't know why.
1963 was the first year for the 440 series cars I
think, and it seems that the marketing people at AMC
were feeling their way.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA