Re: [Amc-list] Miles. Low? High? Real? Original? Redone? What???

Re: [Amc-list] Miles. Low? High? Real? Original? Redone? What???

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" So was the M20 in Humvees 2.72? I was looking for M20s in the local junkyard (they crushed the Concord I was going to get the diff from)

mostly, and some 2.56.  the heavy humvee [12500 lb gvw] had a 3.07,
and i'm curious to know if it was special cut for a 2 carrier [makes
military supply sense] or if it's the regular 3-carrier gears.  what's
the value?  humvees run torsen diffs, maybe the greatest posi ever
devised.  a 3-series carrier version would be broadly applicable to
amcs.

i leave as an exercise for the reader how to get hold of military
hardware...