Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:55:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Spirit 401 dyno results
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well friday wr got some pulls on the 401 for Bill's spirit drag car. we broke the engine in using joe Gibbs brake in oil and heated it to 175 degrees before start up. ran at 2000
  fluctuating RPM's  for 15 min.  Put  the 2nd springs in. Relashed the rockers.
  With the shop carb and hooker super comp 1 3/4 headers it made 530 hP 499 ftlbs only made a few pulls. swapped on Bill's Dominator 1050 and made 560 and Now I am forgetting ,,,,
  We then swapped on Bill's custom made stainless 2" headers and we upped the jets to 93's all around. Made 585 HP 506 TQ There is more to be had It will pick up 5-6 HP just changing the oil to a non brake in grade. Also the timming was jumping arround so we stopped the dyno session. Found out the next day that the distributor had a broken mechanical advance weight. so it will defintly be over 600 HP. Not bad for such a small cam. .266 dur .608 lift. solid flat tappet. last pull went to 7200 and the HP started to fall off so it will be shifted at 6800 or so.
  Compression is just under 13:1 and it has ported indy heads and intake. Oil system mods include the new lifters with the oil hole to get more to the lobes, and the AmC Team race oil pump kit.  I will see if I can get a copy of the dyno sheets.
  Davis