Re: [Amc-list] Tyres (Tires) and maybe wheels

Re: [Amc-list] Tyres (Tires) and maybe wheels

" From: "John Eckersley" <john.eckersley@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" My '68 Rebel SST convertible (290 auto)  passed it's MOT test  (annual
" []
" am now sure is the cause (I had this once before on a VW).  The car has 14"
" steel wheels which as far as I know are the stock ones - the tyres are
" radials - 205 R 14.  I was wondering about going back to the original
" crossply (bias ply) tyres - or slimmer  radials, or  maybe a set  of mag
" wheels of some kind.
"
" What's anyone else using ?

on my american, i run a set of 14x6 hornet/concord steelies with
205r70s, and the original rambler dogdish hubcaps.  i'm told not all
later amc wheels have hubcap bumps and/or for a different size cap,
but all the ones i've found took rambler caps.
--
Internet Rambler        |      je suis Marxiste - tendent Groucho      |