Re: [Amc-list] interesting sites

Dave,

To identify the AMC 20 count the number of bolts that retain the cover.
If there are twelve bolts it's a 20.  I have heard a rumor that the flange
welded to the axle tubes has the same bolt pattern as a Ford 9 inch.
Can anyone verify that?
Any way this may open the field a bit for rear axle disc brake setups.
But this site has disc brake setups for the 20.

 http://www.classicone.com/wsc/catalog/amc/amc_per1.htm

Not sure if this set up has park brakes.

Almost any aftermarket axle maker will fab you a set of one piece
axles for your AMC 20. However if you are installing a mild 304,
and you retorque the axle nuts, you won't need a beefier axle.

But then again if................
you want to road race the car.....................................

I read one account in the NAMDRA newsletter about a fella who
had Ford 9 inch size axle tubes welded into an AMC 20 center
section and 9 inch style axles and axle bearings fitted to it.
He was having trouble breaking axles road racing his AMX or Javelin.
He had bigger disc brakes fitted too, don't remember what kind.

Armand