Re: [Amc-list] interesting sites today

Not too much of a problem. If the bells won't interchange just drill the new style bell for the rear mounts. There are two small metal brackets that bolt to the bell, would just need a hole drilled and two bolts per bracket run from the inside. Strength shouldn't be an issue at all (I've done this!).

--------------
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:54:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

the real hitch is that your '62 should have the old-style 4-point
mounting.  if the '67 is a t96, the lower holes are ~1" lower than
yours.  that can be handled...  but you'd have to take the bell with
the tranny if it's a t86, and that doesn't have the proper rear mounts
for your chassis.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"