Re: [Amc-list] interesting sites today

" From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" well, stopped at an "antique motors" today. had a lot
" of JUNK!! but some real nice sites. had a 67 rebel
" wagon 232 manual/od.
" []
" the
" 67 rebel, i was interested in that, IF some things
" will interchange. its a 232 man w/od. will that trans,
" od, and rear end work on my 62 classic with the 196? i

i don't think so.  iirc the first year for the t14 was '68, not '67,
so if it isn't a t96 it'd be a t86, the hd opt with sixes.  if -that-
is true, the bell ought to be the deep style that could take an amc
t10, like the 'mexican' one - what's the back look like?  the t86 has
a square pattern similar to the t96 but with the top 2 holes shared
with the tall narrow t10 pattern.

the real hitch is that your '62 should have the old-style 4-point
mounting.  if the '67 is a t96, the lower holes are ~1" lower than
yours.  that can be handled...  but you'd have to take the bell with
the tranny if it's a t86, and that doesn't have the proper rear mounts
for your chassis.

otoh if it -is- a genuine t14/od, you could help us document the
adapter plate and mainshaft and any other special parts needed to put
an o/d on a t14, so they could be duplicated.

" know its an open drive, while i have the torque tube.
" but can i use the rear link system, and fit it to my
" 62 classic? if i can, that would be nice to do, so i
" can work out the bugs on the open/modified rear
" suspension for when i do my 304/t5. now for the
" coolest thing.

dunno how easy, but i wouldn't say impossible.

" 58 stude presidential. high performance v8. not sure
" what it was. looked similar to the 287/327, but it had
" extra bolts on the center of the valve cover. did they
" use the 327?? or did they have their own then?

sure did!  probably a stude 289.  there was also a 259; last of the
line was a 304 in the avanti.