[Amc-list] IH auto question

'66 to '69 Travelall with IH 304 auto (2wd) is supposed to have a BW auto? If so, any relation to anything AMC? Thinking about putting my spare 258 to work, but maybe a 4.0L/AW4 conversion later? (I have the front axle from my J4000 to complete the 4x4 conversion at the same time)
  Picked it up for my buddy's '69 (with BG241, soon to be Nash 327/TH400/Quadratrac on LPG) and it's one big hunk of rolling iron.