Re: [Amc-list] flat tappet oil

Ok That is not a normal walmart shelf oil. Also Phophorus is not zink I didn't see it list ZZDP levels.
   It is also not under 2.50 a QT like the oils at walmart these folks are looking at.
   Here is what I use. My machinist uses this when Joe Gibbs oil is too expensive.
   http://www.valvoline.com/racing/
   Note the Zink level is .12 and the phophorous level is .12.
   The conventional oil is 3.50 a QT at my local Napa auto parts store.
   Davis

Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Mobil_1_Product_Guide.pdf

Note that the 15W-50 specifically says "for flat
tappet/performance engines" and has 1200 ppm phosphorus (zddp
I suppose).

That's for regular Mobil1 as well as "Extended Performance"
and the regular stuff is a lot less money.

Note also it says that the turbo diesel oil will have P reduced
soon. But it looks like they recognize a niche oil for us flat
tappet nuts.