Re: [Amc-list] Leaking thermostat housing

Re: [Amc-list] Leaking thermostat housing

Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
You should be able to simply run a flat file over the head (side
of thermo housing) (one advantage of that odd old motor :-)
and the removable housing. Make it flat! No serious pits! My
head casting had some corrosion-cause pitting, when it came
back from hot tanking I levelled it with JB Weld and filed flat.

.

If after that it leaks, there's a crack or something unusual.
If it's badly corroded, you might have to find another. People
tended to treat cooloing systems as if they didn't matter,
and stuff corrodes away that shouldn't.

   Excellent advice also. I like the JB weld idea for pits.
   Davsi