Re: [Amc-list] 401 Oil Mods

Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:    On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Davis Martin wrote:

> This is the car the spirit motor was in for 4 years. http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/GremlinXman/?action=view¤t=240ere2.jpg Lasted another 4 years in the spirit

Hmm this car seems to have developed some problem with the sheet metal?

   Yes the metal termites really weakened the roof
   Actually That happened on the first run of the day at Cecil county raceway in MD on AMC day comming up on 4 years ago. There was somthing on the track that no one saw, and in the traps, the left rear tire caught it and blew the tire out at 129.67 MPH. This caused the car to take a hard right into the wall and roll 8 times.  I bought that car for 40.00 in 1987.
   We were able to save the engine, tranny , rear center section, one axle, fenders, and the electronics. The one axle lives in my black gremlin.
   The rest went into the spirit.
   Still makes me wanna puke.
   My buddy John was driving and got a scratch on his chin crawling out, and his helmet was covered in road rash on the left side
   Davis