Re: [Amc-list] Motor Oil & Filter Confusion (where do I start)

From: "Bruce Hevner" <scramblr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  I have experienced lots of customers over the years complaining of
> "ballooning" filters, blown oil filter seals and actually blowing the
> canister completely off the car leaving just the base screwed to the
> block!!
> In EVERY case it was a missing oil FILTER bypass valve!!

Had a buddy fire up his SBC for the first time at 2:00am Monday morning in the garage/gas station he worked at.
Blew the filter off the block!
7 quarts of oil on the floor!
The gas station opened at 7:00am.
He had to clean the mess and get the car out of the shop before his boss saw it!
He did not sleep that night...
Problem was traced to fresh motor, straight 30W oil and a stuck bypass.
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV