[Amc-list] E-85 Conversion (forgedaboutit)

[Amc-list] E-85 Conversion (forgedaboutit)

I would not invest any time OR money in an E-85 conversion at this time.

While I'm a believer in using Alky as a fuel, I don't believe that
Ethanol is the one. Try doing some searching on BUTANOL. Closer to
Gasoline in BTU content and is not near as hydroscopic--it doesn't pick
up water so can be transported in the same infrastructure as Gasoline.
 So why are we using Ethanol instead of Butanol?? PRICE, so far Butanol
has been MUCH more expensive to produce than Ethanol but that could be
changing. BP & Dupont have a pilot project going in Europe to try the
feasibility of changing an Ethanol plant to Butanol.
http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?ch=specialsections&sc=
biofuels&id=18443&a=

At the Fuels & Lubes seminar I attended during the PRI show in Orlando
(sponsored by Shell) the Fuels guy was tight lipped when I tried to get
info on Butanol!!

Energy independence (or at least a step in the right direction) is easy
for this country. All we have to do is change the wrong headed thinking
in Washington that makes growing low THC Hemp illegal and use it to make
Butanol.
http://www.butanol.com/

But HEY,,, that's just ME!!!
Bruce Hevner