Re: [Amc-list] Blow thru turbo on 258 1969 rambler

Re: [Amc-list] Blow thru turbo on 258 1969 rambler

Armand; on those plates, I made them out of 3/8 inch
plate steel. I wanted to stay as close to the original
track as possible. Just off hand I can't remember how
much it dropped but if you have a spindle handy
measure the space between the bolts.
I made two diff plates, one dropped a full bolt height
and the other plate placed the spindles top bolts
inside of the uprights curveI liked that one better as
it felt more solid. It is easy to picture by looking
at the spindle and upright set-up.
If you are still puzzled, send me a SASE and I will
send you a template.
I ran my AMX dropped with the plates for years, ran
local rallye courses with it and had no probs. I sent
someone a template some years ago, maybe it made the
rounds.
remember to gusset the plates.....Russ